Thursday, August 17, 2006

Small Stakes

As with the other contributors on this blog I too started out my online poker play bouncing from site to site collecting deposit bonuses (and still do on occasion) and with not a whole lot of money in the bankroll, about $100 to be exact. Over time that bankroll has increased quite a bit, not as fast or as large as some online players, but I’m OK with that…for now. Starting out with only $100 meant playing a pretty tight/aggressive game and playing small stakes which makes for a hard road when trying to clear points for bonuses at several sites. Nonetheless I was able to manage my play and my bankroll in a manner in which I did not have to re-load any more of my own cash to keep it going and now play pretty much the $2/$4 tables with some $3/$6 sprinkled in.

I currently have an account which had only about $160 dollars in it so I moved all the way back down to the $0.25/$0.50 limits (which is right where I should be given my account balance using the often quoted 300BB bankroll requirement). Why am I doing it really…because I can, I’m just having fun, this is not my means of supporting my family (yet). I also have another challenge/quest for myself which can be read about here, which has not really gotten off the ground yet. I know there is some poor play at the $2/$4 and $3/$6 tables but at the $0.25/$0.50 limit it is ridonkulous. I’ve been multi-table as many full tables that this site has available (4 or 5 most times) for a couple of days. For those couple of days my BB/100 is running somewhere around 25-30BB/100 (I’ll know for sure when I look at it before I start playing again tonight. Oh to be able to build the bankroll and carrying that average to the $2/$4 and $3/$6 tables. It’s like stealing candy from a baby with those players. You only have to watch once or twice around the table to find the easy mark(s) that bet and or call down raise after raise just to fold on the river or be hanging on to a small or middle pair against a board that has 3 to 4 cards to Broadway or a flush. Or better get a BB or SB special because they limp with, I don’t know, say AQs and the board comes AT5 and you are sitting there with say T5o where you might have let the hand go but they didn’t bet out pre-flop. Crazy easy money. Which if you are reading this and contemplating jumping into the world of online poker I suggest clicking the link over on the right for Party Poker. They have tons of tables and players and the bonus is really easy to clear which means free money for you (and me). OK, enough pimping Party Poker for now.

No comments: